Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the blood group whose red cells carry the A antigen
2. (n) a metric unit of length equal to one ten billionth of a meter (or 0.0001 micron) used to specify wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation
3. (n) any of several fat-soluble vitamins essential for normal vision; prevents night blindness or inflammation or dryness of the eyes
4. (n) one of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose)
5. (n) (biochemistry) purine base found in DNA and RNA; pairs with thymine in DNA and with uracil in RNA
6. (n) the basic unit of electric current adopted under the Systeme International d''Unites; "a typical household circuit carries 15 to 50 amps"
7. (n) the 1st letter of the Roman alphabet
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.