Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) cruel or inhumane treatment
2. (v) treat badly; "This boss abuses his workers" "She is always stepping on others to get ahead"
3. (n) a rude expression intended to offend or hurt; "when a student made a stupid mistake he spared them no abuse" "they yelled insults at the visiting team"
4. (v) change the inherent purpose or function of something; "Don''t abuse the system" "The director of the factory misused the funds intended for the health care of his workers"
5. (n) improper or excessive use
6. (v) use foul or abusive language towards; "The actress abused the policeman who gave her a parking ticket" "The angry mother shouted at the teacher"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.