Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the right to enter
2. (v) obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer
3. (n) the right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership)
4. (v) reach or gain access to; "How does one access the attic in this house?" "I cannot get to the T.V. antenna, even if I climb on the roof"
5. (n) a way of entering or leaving; "he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
6. (n) (computer science) the operation of reading or writing stored information
7. (n) the act of approaching or entering; "he gained access to the building"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.