Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) any specific activity; "they avoided all recreational activity"
2. (n) the state of being active; "his sphere of activity" "he is out of action"
3. (n) an organic process that takes place in the body; "respiratory activity"
4. (n) (chemistry) the capacity of a substance to take part in a chemical reaction; "catalytic activity"
5. (n) a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings) "the action of natural forces" "volcanic activity"
6. (n) the trait of being active; moving or acting rapidly and energetically; "the level of activity declines with age"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.