Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a component that is added to something to improve it; "the addition of a bathroom was a major improvement" "the addition of cinammon improved the flavor"
2. (n) the act of adding one thing to another; "the addition of flowers created a pleasing effect" "the addition of a leap day every four years"
3. (n) a quantity that is added; "there was an addition to property taxes this year" "they recorded the cattle''s gain in weight over a period of weeks"
4. (n) something added to what you already have; "the librarian shelved the new accessions" "he was a new addition to the staff"
5. (n) a suburban area laid out in streets and lots for a future residential area
6. (n) the arithmetic operation of summing; calculating the sum of two or more numbers; "the summation of four and three gives seven" "four plus three equals seven"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.