Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please" "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
2. (v) place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight; "align the car with the curb" "align the sheets of paper on the table"
3. (v) adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions; "We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
4. (v) make correspondent or conformable; "Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
5. (v) decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.