Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the conscious subjective aspect of feeling or emotion
2. (v) have an effect upon; "Will the new rules affect me?"
3. (v) act physically on; have an effect upon
4. (v) connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"
5. (v) make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill" "He shammed a headache"
6. (v) have an emotional or cognitive impact upon; "This child impressed me as unusually mature" "This behavior struck me as odd"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.