Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency" "the Census Bureau" "Office of Management and Budget" "Tennessee Valley Authority"
2. (n) a business that serves other businesses
3. (n) the state of being in action or exerting power; "the agency of providence" "she has free agency"
4. (n) the state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
5. (n) how a result is obtained or an end is achieved; "a means of control" "an example is the best agency of instruction" "the true way to success"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.