Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the state of being allied or confederated
2. (n) a connection based on kinship or marriage or common interest; "the shifting alliances within a large family" "their friendship constitutes a powerful bond between them"
3. (n) an organization of people (or countries) involved in a pact or treaty
4. (n) a formal agreement establishing an association or alliance between nations or other groups to achieve a particular aim
5. (n) the act of forming an alliance or confederation
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.