Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an amount allowed or granted (as during a given period) "travel allowance" "my weekly allowance of two eggs" "a child''s allowance should not be too generous"
2. (v) put on a fixed allowance, as of food
3. (n) a sum granted as reimbursement for expenses
4. (n) an amount added or deducted on the basis of qualifying circumstances; "an allowance for profit"
5. (n) a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
6. (n) a reserve fund created by a charge against profits in order to provide for changes in the value of a company''s assets
7. (n) the act of allowing; "He objected to the allowance of smoking in the diningroom"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.