Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a native or inhabitant of the United States
2. (a) of or relating to the United States of America or its people or language or culture; "American citizens" "American English" "the American dream"
3. (n) the English language as used in the United States
4. (a) of or relating to or characteristic of the continents and islands of the Americas; "the American hemisphere" "American flora and fauna"
5. (n) a native or inhabitant of a North American or Central American or South American country
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.