Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) how much of something is available; "an adequate amount of food for four people"
2. (v) be tantamount or equivalent to; "Her action amounted to a rebellion"
3. (n) a quantity of money; "he borrowed a large sum" "the amount he had in cash was insufficient"
4. (v) add up in number or quantity; "The bills amounted to $2,000" "The bill came to $2,000"
5. (n) how much there is of something that you can quantify
6. (v) develop into; "This idea will never amount to anything" "nothing came of his grandiose plans"
7. (n) a quantity obtained by addition
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.