Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a curved shape in the vertical plane that spans an opening
2. (v) form an arch or curve; "her back arches" "her hips curve nicely"
3. (n) a curved bony structure supporting or enclosing organs (especially arches of the feet)
4. (s) (used of behavior or attitude) characteristic of those who treat others with condescension
5. (n) a passageway under an arch
6. (n) (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.