Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) put into a proper or systematic order; "arrange the books on the shelves in chronological order"
2. (v) make arrangements for; "Can you arrange a meeting with the President?"
3. (v) plan, organize, and carry out (an event)
4. (v) set (printed matter) into a specific format; "Format this letter so it can be printed out"
5. (v) arrange attractively; "dress my hair for the wedding"
6. (v) adapt for performance in a different way; "set this poem to music"
7. (v) arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events, etc.; "arrange my schedule" "set up one''s life" "I put these memories with those of bygone times"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.