Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a person who joins with others in some activity; "he had to consult his associate before continuing"
2. (v) make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind" "colligate these facts" "I cannot relate these events at all"
3. (n) a person who is frequently in the company of another; "drinking companions" "comrades in arms"
4. (v) keep company with; hang out with; "He associates with strange people" "She affiliates with her colleagues"
5. (n) any event that usually accompanies or is closely connected with another; "first was the lightning and then its thunderous associate"
6. (v) bring or come into association or action; "The churches consociated to fight their dissolution"
7. (n) a degree granted by a two-year college on successful completion of the undergraduates course of studies
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.