Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a grant made by a law court; "he criticized the awarding of compensation by the court"
2. (v) give, especially as a reward; "bestow honors and prizes at graduation"
3. (n) a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"
4. (v) give on the basis of merit; "Funds are granted to qualified researchers"
5. (n) something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery; "the prize was a free trip to Europe"
6. (v) bestow an honor upon
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.