Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk; "isn''t she too young to have a baby?"
2. (v) treat with excessive indulgence; "grandparents often pamper the children" "Let''s not mollycoddle our students!"
3. (n) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women
4. (n) a very young mammal; "baby rabbits"
5. (n) the youngest member of a group (not necessarily young) "the baby of the family" "the baby of the Supreme Court"
6. (n) an immature childish person; "he remained a child in practical matters as long as he lived" "stop being a baby!"
7. (n) a project of personal concern to someone; "this project is his baby"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.