Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) bind or tie together, as with a band
2. (n) an unofficial association of people or groups; "the smart set goes there" "they were an angry lot"
3. (v) attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds" "band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
4. (n) instrumentalists not including string players
5. (n) a stripe of contrasting color; "chromosomes exhibit characteristic bands"
6. (n) a strip or stripe of a contrasting color or material
7. (n) a group of musicians playing popular music for dancing
8. (n) a range of frequencies between two limits
9. (n) something elongated that is worn around the body or one of the limbs
10. (n) jewelry consisting of a circlet of precious metal (often set with jewels) worn on the finger; "she had rings on every finger" "he noted that she wore a wedding band"
11. (n) a strip of material attached to the leg of a bird to identify it (as in studies of bird migration)
12. (n) a restraint put around something to hold it together
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.