Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate
2. (v) strike with, or as if with a baseball bat; "bat the ball"
3. (n) (baseball) a turn batting; "he was at bat when it happened" "he got 4 hits in 4 at-bats"
4. (v) wink briefly; "bat one''s eyelids"
5. (n) a small racket with a long handle used for playing squash
6. (v) have a turn at bat; "Jones bats first, followed by Martinez"
7. (n) a bat used in playing cricket
8. (v) use a bat; "Who''s batting?"
9. (v) beat thoroughly in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
10. (n) a club used for hitting a ball in various games
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.