Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) demand payment; "Will I get charged for this service?" "We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although we stayed only 3 nights"
2. (n) a statute in draft before it becomes law; "they held a public hearing on the bill"
3. (n) an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered; "he paid his bill and left" "send me an account of what I owe"
4. (v) advertise especially by posters or placards; "He was billed as the greatest tenor since Caruso"
5. (v) publicize or announce by placards
6. (n) a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank) "he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"
7. (n) the entertainment offered at a public presentation
8. (n) a list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare)
9. (n) an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the circular to all subscribers"
10. (n) horny projecting mouth of a bird
11. (n) a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement; "a poster advertised the coming attractions"
12. (n) a long-handled saw with a curved blade; "he used a bill to prune branches off of the tree"
13. (n) a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes; "he pulled down the bill of his cap and trudged ahead"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.