Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) especially a leaf of grass or the broad portion of a leaf as distinct from the petiole
2. (n) a dashing young man; "gay young blades bragged of their amorous adventures"
3. (n) something long and thin resembling a blade of grass; "a blade of lint on his suit"
4. (n) a cutting or thrusting weapon with a long blade
5. (n) a cut of beef from the shoulder blade
6. (n) a broad flat body part (as of the shoulder or tongue)
7. (n) the part of the skate that slides on the ice
8. (n) flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water
9. (n) the flat part of a tool or weapon that (usually) has a cutting edge
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.