Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) invest with or as with a body; give body to
2. (n) the entire physical structure of an organism (especially an animal or human being) "he felt as if his whole body were on fire"
3. (n) body of a dead animal or person; "they found the body in the lake"
4. (n) a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity; "the whole body filed out of the auditorium"
5. (n) the body excluding the head and neck and limbs; "they moved their arms and legs and bodies"
6. (n) an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects; "heavenly body"
7. (n) a collection of particulars considered as a system; "a body of law" "a body of doctrine" "a body of precedents"
8. (n) the external structure of a vehicle; "the body of the car was badly rusted"
9. (n) the property of holding together and retaining its shape; "when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
10. (n) the central message of a communication; "the body of the message was short"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.