Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a restraint used to slow or stop a vehicle
2. (v) stop travelling by applying a brake; "We had to brake suddenly when a chicken crossed the road"
3. (n) any of various ferns of the genus Pteris having pinnately compound leaves and including several popular houseplants
4. (v) cause to stop by applying the brakes; "brake the car before you go into a curve"
5. (n) large coarse fern often several feet high; essentially weed ferns; cosmopolitan
6. (n) an area thickly overgrown usually with one kind of plant
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.