Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a special lineage; "a breed of Americans"
2. (v) call forth
3. (n) a special variety of domesticated animals within a species; "he experimented on a particular breed of white rats" "he created a new strain of sheep"
4. (v) copulate with a female, used especially of horses; "The horse covers the mare"
5. (n) half-caste offspring of parents of different races (especially of white and Indian parents)
6. (v) of plants or animals; "She breeds dogs"
7. (n) a lineage or race of people
8. (v) have young (animals) "pandas rarely breed in captivity"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.