Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it; "he bought his brother''s business" "a small mom-and-pop business" "a racially integrated business concern"
2. (n) the activity of providing goods and services involving financial and commercial and industrial aspects; "computers are now widely used in business"
3. (n) business concerns collectively; "Government and business could not agree"
4. (n) the volume of business activity; "business is good today" "show me where the business was today"
5. (n) a rightful concern or responsibility; "it''s none of your business" "mind your own business"
6. (n) the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money; "he''s not in my line of business"
7. (n) an immediate objective; "gossip was the main business of the evening"
8. (n) incidental activity performed by an actor for dramatic effect; "his business with the cane was hilarious"
9. (n) customers collectively; "they have an upper class clientele"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.