Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an advantageous purchase; "she got a bargain at the auction" "the stock was a real buy at that price"
2. (v) obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction; "The family purchased a new car" "The conglomerate acquired a new company" "She buys for the big department store"
3. (v) make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence; "This judge can be bought"
4. (v) acquire by trade or sacrifice or exchange; "She wanted to buy his love with her dedication to him and his work"
5. (v) accept as true; "I can''t buy this story"
6. (v) be worth or be capable of buying; "This sum will buy you a ride on the train"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.