Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) 4-wheeled motor vehicle; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
2. (n) a wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad; "three cars had jumped the rails"
3. (n) a conveyance for passengers or freight on a cable railway; "they took a cable car to the top of the mountain"
4. (n) car suspended from an airship and carrying personnel and cargo and power plant
5. (n) where passengers ride up and down; "the car was on the top floor"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.