Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) any small compartment; "the cells of a honeycomb"
2. (n) (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms; cells may exist as independent units of life (as in monads) or may form colonies or tissues as in higher plants and animals
3. (n) a device that delivers an electric current as the result of a chemical reaction
4. (n) a small unit serving as part of or as the nucleus of a larger political movement
5. (n) a hand-held mobile radiotelephone for use in an area divided into small sections (cells), each with its own short-range transmitter/receiver
6. (n) small room is which a monk or nun lives
7. (n) a room where a prisoner is kept
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.