Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a prominent aspect of something; "the map showed roads and other features" "generosity is one of his best characteristics"
2. (a) typical or distinctive; "heard my friend''s characteristic laugh" "red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn" "stripes characteristic of the zebra"
3. (n) a distinguishing quality
4. (n) the integer part (positive or negative) of the representation of a logarithm; in the expression log 643 = 2.808 the characteristic is 2
5. (n) any measurable property of a device measured under closely specified conditions
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.