Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops; "a coil of rope"
2. (v) to wind or move in a spiral course; "the muscles and nerves of his fine drawn body were coiling for action" "black smoke coiling up into the sky" "the young people gyrated on the dance floor"
3. (n) a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles
4. (v) make without a potter''s wheel; "This famous potter hand-builds all of her vessels"
5. (n) a transformer that supplies high voltage to spark plugs in a gasoline engine
6. (v) wind around something in coils or loops
7. (n) a contraceptive device placed inside a woman''s womb
8. (n) tubing that is wound in a spiral
9. (n) reactor consisting of a spiral of insulated wire that introduces inductance into a circuit
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.