Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) be in command of; "The general commanded a huge army"
2. (n) an authoritative direction or instruction to do something
3. (n) a military unit or region under the control of a single officer
4. (v) make someone do something
5. (n) the power or authority to command; "an admiral in command"
6. (v) demand as one''s due; "This speaker commands a high fee" "The author commands a fair hearing from his readers"
7. (n) availability for use; "the materials at the command of the potters grew"
8. (v) look down on; "The villa dominates the town"
9. (v) exercise authoritative control or power over; "control the budget" "Command the military forces"
10. (n) a position of highest authority; "the corporation has just undergone a change in command"
11. (n) great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity; "a good command of French"
12. (n) (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.