Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief; "from time to time she contributed a personal comment on his account"
2. (v) make or write a comment on; "he commented the paper of his colleague"
3. (n) a written explanation or criticism or illustration that is added to a book or other textual material; "he wrote an extended comment on the proposal"
4. (v) explain or interpret something
5. (n) a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people; "the divorce caused much gossip"
6. (v) provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases; "He annotated on what his teacher had written"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.