Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a group of people living in a particular local area; "the team is drawn from all parts of the community"
2. (n) a group of people having ethnic or cultural or religious characteristics in common; "the Christian community of the apostolic age" "he was well known throughout the Catholic community"
3. (n) common ownership; "they shared a community of possessions"
4. (n) a group of nations having common interests; "they hoped to join the NATO community"
5. (n) the body of people in a learned occupation; "the news spread rapidly through the medical community"
6. (n) agreement as to goals; "the preachers and the bootleggers found they had a community of interests"
7. (n) a district where people live; occupied primarily by private residences
8. (n) (ecology) a group of interdependent organisms inhabiting the same region and interacting with each other
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.