Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an institution created to conduct business; "he only invests in large well-established companies" "he started the company in his garage"
2. (v) be a companion to somebody
3. (n) organization of performers and associated personnel (especially theatrical) "the traveling company all stayed at the same hotel"
4. (n) the state of being with someone; "he missed their company" "he enjoyed the society of his friends"
5. (n) small military unit; usually two or three platoons
6. (n) a band of people associated temporarily in some activity; "they organized a party to search for food" "the company of cooks walked into the kitchen"
7. (n) a social gathering of guests or companions; "the house was filled with company when I arrived"
8. (n) a social or business visitor; "the room was a mess because he hadn''t expected company"
9. (n) a unit of firefighters including their equipment; "a hook-and-ladder company"
10. (n) crew of a ship including the officers; the whole force or personnel of a ship
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.