Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts; "the complex of shopping malls, houses, and roads created a new town"
2. (a) complicated in structure; consisting of interconnected parts; "a complex set of variations based on a simple folk melody" "a complex mass of diverse laws and customs"
3. (n) a compound described in terms of the central atom to which other atoms are bound or coordinated
4. (n) (psychoanalysis) a combination of emotions and impulses that have been rejected from awareness but still influence a person''s behavior
5. (n) a whole structure (as a building) made up of interconnected or related structures
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.