Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular" "after that failure he lost his confidence" "she spoke with authority"
2. (n) a feeling of trust (in someone or something) "I have confidence in our team" "confidence is always borrowed, never owned"
3. (n) a state of confident hopefulness that events will be favorable; "public confidence in the economy"
4. (n) a trustful relationship; "he took me into his confidence" "he betrayed their trust"
5. (n) a secret that is confided or entrusted to another; "everyone trusted him with their confidences" "the priest could not reveal her confidences"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.