Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) disorder resulting from a failure to behave predictably; "the army retreated in confusion"
2. (n) a mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behavior; "a confusion of impressions"
3. (n) a feeling of embarrassment that leaves you confused
4. (n) an act causing a disorderly combination of elements with identities lost and distinctions blended; "the confusion of tongues at the Tower of Babel"
5. (n) a mistake that results from taking one thing to be another; "he changed his name in order to avoid confusion with the notorious outlaw"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.