Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) close interaction; "they kept in daily contact" "they claimed that they had been in contact with extraterrestrial beings"
2. (v) be in or establish communication with; "Our advertisements reach millions" "He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia"
3. (n) the state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity; "litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid"
4. (v) be in direct physical contact with; make contact; "The two buildings touch" "Their hands touched" "The wire must not contact the metal cover" "The surfaces contact at this point"
5. (n) the act of touching physically; "her fingers came in contact with the light switch"
6. (n) the physical coming together of two or more things; "contact with the pier scraped paint from the hull"
7. (n) a person who is in a position to give you special assistance; "he used his business contacts to get an introduction to the governor"
8. (n) a channel for communication between groups; "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
9. (n) (electronics) a junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact; "they forget to solder the contacts"
10. (n) a communicative interaction; "the pilot made contact with the base" "he got in touch with his colleagues"
11. (n) a thin curved glass or plastic lens designed to fit over the cornea in order to correct vision or to deliver medication
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.