Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a reproduction of a written record (e.g. of a legal or school record)
2. (v) copy down as is; "The students were made to copy the alphabet over and over"
3. (n) a secondary representation of an original; "she made a copy of the designer dress"
4. (v) reproduce someone''s behavior or looks; "The mime imitated the passers-by" "Children often copy their parents or older siblings"
5. (n) matter to be printed; exclusive of graphical materials
6. (v) biology: reproduce or make an exact copy of; "replicate the cell" "copy the genetic information"
7. (n) material suitable for a journalistic account; "catastrophes make good copy"
8. (v) make a replica of; "copy that drawing" "re-create a picture by Rembrandt"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.