Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) direct (an aircraft) into a crosswind
2. (n) decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers
3. (v) scurry sideways like a crab
4. (n) a quarrelsome grouch
5. (v) fish for crab
6. (n) (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Cancer
7. (n) the fourth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about June 21 to July 22
8. (v) complain; "What was he hollering about?"
9. (n) the edible flesh of any of various crabs
10. (n) infests the pubic region of the human body
11. (n) a stroke of the oar that either misses the water or digs too deeply; "he caught a crab and lost the race"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.