Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a large number of things or people considered together; "a crowd of insects assembled around the flowers"
2. (v) cause to herd, drive, or crowd together; "We herded the children into a spare classroom"
3. (n) an informal body of friends; "he still hangs out with the same crowd"
4. (v) fill or occupy to the point of overflowing; "The students crowded the auditorium"
5. (v) to gather together in large numbers; "men in straw boaters and waxed mustaches crowded the verandah"
6. (v) approach a certain age or speed; "She is pushing fifty"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.