Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the Crown (or the reigning monarch) as the symbol of the power and authority of a monarchy; "the colonies revolted against the Crown"
2. (v) invest with regal power; enthrone; "The prince was crowned in Westminster Abbey"
3. (v) be the culminating event; "The speech crowned the meeting"
4. (n) the enamel covered part of a tooth above the gum
5. (v) form the topmost part of; "A weather vane crowns the building"
6. (n) a wreath or garland worn on the head to signify victory
7. (n) an ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty
8. (v) put an enamel cover on; "crown my teeth"
9. (n) the part of a hat (the vertex) covering the crown of the head
10. (n) an English coin worth 5 shillings
11. (n) the upper branches and leaves of a tree
12. (n) the top point of a mountain or hill; "the view from the peak was magnificent" "they clambered to the summit of Monadnock"
13. (n) the award given to the champion
14. (n) the top of the head
15. (n) the center of a cambered road
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.