Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the process of gradually becoming inferior
2. (v) lose a stored charge, magnetic flux, or current; "the particles disintegrated during the nuclear fission process"
3. (n) a gradual decrease; as of stored charge or current
4. (v) fall into decay or ruin; "The unoccupied house started to decay"
5. (n) the organic phenomenon of rotting
6. (v) undergo decay or decomposition; "The body started to decay and needed to be cremated"
7. (n) an inferior state resulting from the process of decaying; "the corpse was in an advanced state of decay" "the house had fallen into a serious state of decay and disrepair"
8. (n) the spontaneous disintegration of a radioactive substance along with the emission of ionizing radiation
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.