Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality; "a moderate degree of intelligence" "a high level of care is required" "it is all a matter of degree"
2. (n) a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process; "a remarkable degree of frankness" "at what stage are the social sciences?"
3. (n) an award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study; "he earned his degree at Princeton summa cum laude"
4. (n) a unit of temperature on a specified scale; "the game was played in spite of the 40-degree temperature"
5. (n) a measure for arcs and angles; "there are 360 degrees in a circle"
6. (n) the highest power of a term or variable
7. (n) the seriousness of something (e.g., a burn or crime) "murder in the second degree" "a second degree burn"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.