Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the act of refusing to comply (as with a request) "it resulted in a complete denial of his privileges"
2. (n) the act of asserting that something alleged is not true
3. (n) (psychiatry) a defense mechanism that denies painful thoughts
4. (n) renunciation of your own interests in favor of the interests of others
5. (n) a defendant''s answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him; "he gave evidence for the defense"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.