Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) complete or carry out; "discharge one''s duties"
2. (n) the sudden giving off of energy
3. (v) pour forth or release; "discharge liquids"
4. (n) the act of venting
5. (n) a substance that is emitted or released
6. (v) eliminate (substances) from the body
7. (v) free from obligations or duties
8. (n) any of several bodily processes by which substances go out of the body; "the discharge of pus"
9. (n) electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
10. (v) remove the charge from
11. (n) the pouring forth of a fluid
12. (v) go off or discharge; "The gun fired"
13. (v) pronounce not guilty of criminal charges; "The suspect was cleared of the murder charges"
14. (n) the termination of someone''s employment (leaving them free to depart)
15. (n) a formal written statement of relinquishment
16. (v) leave or unload, especially of passengers or cargo;
17. (v) cause to go off; "fire a gun" "fire a bullet"
18. (n) the act of discharging a gun
19. (v) release from military service
20. (v) become empty or void of its content; "The room emptied"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.