Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) bar from attention or consideration; "She dismissed his advances"
2. (v) cease to consider; put out of judicial consideration; "This case is dismissed!"
3. (v) stop associating with; "They dropped her after she had a child out of wedlock"
4. (v) terminate the employment of; "The boss fired his secretary today" "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
5. (v) end one''s encounter with somebody by causing or permitting the person to leave; "I was dismissed after I gave my report"
6. (v) declare void; "The President dissolved the parliament and called for new elections"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.