Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) (law) the difference of one judge''s opinion from that of the majority; "he expressed his dissent in a contrary opinion"
2. (v) withhold assent; "Several Republicans dissented"
3. (n) a difference of opinion
4. (v) express opposition through action or words; "dissent to the laws of the country"
5. (n) the act of protesting; a public (often organized) manifestation of dissent
6. (v) be of different opinions; "I beg to differ!" "She disagrees with her husband on many questions"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.