Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a swinging or sliding barrier that will close the entrance to a room or building or vehicle; "he knocked on the door" "he slammed the door as he left"
2. (n) the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close; "he stuck his head in the doorway"
3. (n) anything providing a means of access (or escape) "we closed the door to Haitian immigrants" "education is the door to success"
4. (n) a structure where people live or work (usually ordered along a street or road) "the office next door" "they live two doors up the street from us"
5. (n) a room that is entered via a door; "his office is the third door down the hall on the left"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.