Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an illustration that is drawn by hand and published in a book or magazine; "it is shown by the drawing in Fig. 7"
2. (n) a representation of forms or objects on a surface by means of lines; "drawings of abstract forms" "he did complicated pen-and-ink drawings like medieval miniatures"
3. (n) the creation of artistic drawings; "he learned drawing from his father"
4. (n) players buy (or are given) chances and prizes are distributed according to the drawing of lots
5. (n) act of getting or draining something such as electricity or a liquid from a source; "the drawing of water from the well"
6. (n) the act of moving a load by drawing or pulling
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.